Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Class Room Management Incentive

Found this Football Field on Pinterest. 

All of my classes are on the left. Their rewards are on the right.

On my piano I have 5 circles each with one number from 1-5. Each class starts out with 5 points at the beginning of each class. When they lose focus, get off task, etc, they lose a point. They can earn their points back, however. 

Each time a class ends on 5 points, I move them 10 yards on the field and they get a sticker. I use thumb tacs, each a different color, to move them.

Once they make a touchdown, they get a sticker and a small prize such as, candy, Carroll Cash (each school tends to have their own currency), anyone can sing any song they want in front of class, or play music games.

At the end of the year (or report card), the class with the most stickers gets the Grand Prize. My students came up with what they would like: pizza party, movie and popcorn, do nothing day, I have to dye my hair a color they choose, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment